Saturday, April 15, 2006

Cleveland Part 2

We spent the afternoon in "Little Italy" which, compared to the one I'm used to, is super miniscule- as in 10 shops. But it was really cute strip and the sun is shining. Cleveland is much nicer than Buffalo, at least by my criteria. The part of downtown we are staying in is strangely void of people- no pedestrians, nothing. However, there are a couple of streets a bit outside our immediate area that seem to have some life. Downtown Toronto is like an enormous blob that contains many amorphous neighbourhoods. The impression I get is that the neighbourhoods here are physically seperate and sometimes quite far apart from each other.

Another thing... from the TV to billboards to the number of churches, it is clear that religion is way cooler here than it is back home.

Sadly, nothing very eventful happened today. Except the Beyoncé's mother fell and I almost choked trying to contain my laughter. She is a kind woman, but a bit nuts... in a good way.

We're having dinner tonight at Tenis and the Beyoncé's apartment. I predict I will be bored.


3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger PDD said...

LOL!

If religion is much more cooler in the states as opposed to Canada why does the devil dwell there?

I am confused. Very, very confused.

I wish I could sneak the plastic walking dog in the window for you to see just for a moment. To keep you from your boredom of course.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Toby said...

My town is made of churches and taverns. There's one or the other on every corner.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger PDD said...

At least you guys can go for a drink after mass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me