Friday, August 04, 2006

Le voyage - Bath is pretty

I arrived in Bath yesterday afternoon after an easy-breezy flight from Toronto. Went for drinks with my soon-to-be-married friend (Jumble), got some room service and crashed. I tried to watch some British TV, but the only thing on was a very boring reality program that showed a cop waiting in his car on some country road and talking about the mechanics of breathalyzers. He eventually arrested a drunk driver and it was all very civilized and uneventful.

Today, I wandered around town, bought the
Time Out Gay Guide to London, ate a crappy pasta and napped. Bath is very beautiful and touristy, but the tourists don't detract from its charm. Ew, I hate the word charm...

Anyhow, today has been a lazy first real day of the holiday.
Just got back from Jumble's and am getting ready for bed as the wedding is early tomorrow morning. I'm paranoid that I'm going to sleep through it.

So, no adventures yet... There's a "poof" bar up the road from my hotel, so I'll check that out Sunday night, but the bar hours here are bizarre, so I'm not sure it will be open but I'll figure something out.


This is my favourite thing I saw today (well, besides some hot beefy Brit boys)...


3 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger theduckthief said...

Hi, just discovered your blog and I love the bridge picture.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger zamboola said...

Genet!!!! CUNDICK!!!!! Funtimes in my pants!!!!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U r here! We gots to talk.. toss me an email when u can mate. Whippy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me