Thursday, July 13, 2006

Jaloux



My sister called from Greece, where she is spending a 5 (!) week honeymoon. In my infinite generosity, I planned the entire trip for her and I did a fantastic job. The hotels I chose are stunning. But now I am jealous. And when she calls and describes the places she's visiting, I get more jealous. I even got jealous hearing the mopeds in the background when she called from Thessaloniki. She's in Epirus (where my mom's from) right now, which is where the photo above shows. She'll also be going to Athens and four islands. Sigh...


Suddenly, I wish I was going to the motherland this summer instead of England, but I'm sure that will dissipate when I'm knocking back the pints with my friends in jolly old.

6 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger PDD said...

My pants blew off upon looking at that picture. Fucking gorgeous!

I am so proud of you for planning such a glamorous trip for your sis. Well, I am not surprised. You know your luxury.

I love you.

Lets elope and run away to Greece. Please?

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Genet said...

Let's do it, PDD!

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get this picture out of my head - the sun beaming down as I sit (in true greek fashion) with a frappe in one hand and cigarette in the other...all day long. I'm not kidding...ALL DAY LONG. Take me to Greece!

Kaseri
xo

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whippy here. You had better believe it will all go away mate. Coz it will. Ok? Great. Lovely pic by the way. Let's go there one day.

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dad grew up in Epirus after the war. When I went in 2001 I finally got to go there and it really is beautiful.

I think we need to plan a greek escape! The two of us in the motherland? Ho scary would that be? :-)

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Genet said...

Kaseri: Yiorgo, den thelo na pame stin paralia... olo kitazis alla koritsia

Whippy: I know. Once I see your beautiful face, Greece will pale in comparison!

Niko: I think the motherland needs us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me