Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Le voyage - Hello, Londres

Firstly, Europe really needs to invent air-conditioning. It’s not even that hot here and my room is 8000 degrees… In Bath, I couldn’t open my window because there were crazy falcons and seagulls circling my hotel all day long. There was a flock of seagulls (not the band, the animal) that woke me up every day at 5am… A friend of mine told me that a seagull actually flew into his flat in Bath and ransacked the place, shitting everywhere and going mental. HOLY NIGHTMARE.

Anyhoo… the wedding was very lovely. Jumble was gorgeous and the meal was stupidly amazing. Afterward, we all gathered at the newlywed’s house for a party complete with fireworks.

When the night started to wind down, Jumble kinda lost it and started bawling because she wanted it to be me and her getting married. Clearly, her hubby was distressed and I was uncomfortable. But she was drunk and kept chasing me screaming “my dress is part of your body” and tried to snare me into her bridal gown, so she was in state to listen to reason.

I spend the past couple of days wandering around Bath and have been tremendously relaxed. I got to London today and am in love with my hotel- I basically have a bachelor apartment with a maid, I have loads of groceries in the kitchen, the subway (sorry, Tube... steak... penis... yum) is ten steps away and an off-license (ie: liquor store) around the corner. I'm now ready to take London on. The one hilarious thing is that my room is really... feminine. As in pick checkered bedsheets and pink polka-dot pillows. At first I was uneasy, but now I feel like a pre-teen girl circa 1987 and it's strangely amusing.

I'll post photos later...

Finally, a big congratulations to Nick (Niko) + Mason being officially welcomed to move to Canada. Can't wait to call you guys Torontonians!



5 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you my friend for the kudos!

I'm glad you're having a blast. I can't wait to hear all the stories when you get back!

P.S. If you have a moment put on Madonna's "Material Girl" and dance around that room :-)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger zamboola said...

Poor Jumble with getting drunk and loosing it. I hope all with her is okay now. On a lighter note - YOU ARE SOOO FREAKIN' LUCKY!!!!!! What I would do to be in London with my own flat and pink checkered sheets. Have fun and be safe!!!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger zamboola said...

BTW tell Whippy I say hi and give him a hug for me.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger JR said...

I love you and can you come back please? :)

BTW Whippy, I'm moving to London so you can finally fufill your dream of becoming my husband

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mkay, wait a second. how long are you in london for? i thought it was a short jaunt. get your little greek ass back here stat young man!

sincerely,
mrs. jones

p.s. we all know you requested the pink room
p.p.s. hope you're having a good time
p.p.p.s. whore. (love you)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me