Tuesday, January 10, 2006

CityTV/Sun Type Headline: The debate did not de-bait me

Well, that debate last night was useless. Really though, they usually are.

A lot of people are complimenting Duceppe on his performance, which I can understand. But in reality, who was the guy even speaking to? The English debates are essentially a cakewalk for him since the Bloc doesn't field candidates outside of Québec and the majority of Bloc supporters are francophone. Really, he could probably go up there and just start saying "Stephen Harper, I'm going to snort coke off your back after I ram your ass with my uncut Catholic cock" and I doubt it would make a difference to his performance on election day (actually, given Boisclair's recent victory, it may help his chances). His audience last night means very little for him, so he didn't have to prepare much nor did he have to feel nervous. Actually... why did he even bother showing up? Perhaps he may want to make the idea of a seperatist more palatable to anglos? The whole 'well, he's not so bad after all...' kind of thing...? Seems possible, non?

As for me, I tune him out because he can never form a government and even if he was involved in a minority coalition, seperatists are notoriously left-wing, so that's fine with me. When you think about it, though, it speaks to the dearth of leadership in English Canada when a seperatist comes away from the English debate with (albeit reluctant) glowing reviews.

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger PDD said...

He kick ass in the french debates.

Yes, he had nothing to loose, therefore he was just himself. Something you never see in political debates.

We are a weird country.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Martyloo said...

Actually, I thought he sucked in the French debate. Probably because every time he could have debated an issue or provided an insight, he went back to the same old separatist mantra. In the English debate, he had nothing to lose, so he actually contributed to the discussion.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I didn't see the french debate. What I meant to say (but was rushed when I typed in the comment, as I am now) was, He kicks ass in the french debates, or so I have heard.

Sorry.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I think quiq is on to something good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me