Thursday, December 29, 2005

I have a dream...

I had a series of disturbing/hilarious dreams last night. One of them involved a dog pissing all over my friend's basement, resulting in much anger on my friend's part. Another was about a low-budget film I was making and as director, was having incredible problems trying to get my actors in line. So much so, that seeing them do the scene over and over again made me absolutely sick of the script and the whole endeavour. Yet another dream had me lying in a bed beside a bed which held the ExBoyf. I tried to shift my body to face him while he was speaking to me, but a variety of strange items on my bed held me back and prevented me from moving, so the boyfriend came to my bedside instead. Have my dreams become that symbolically obvious? How boring! Freud would slap me.

This brought to mind that my dreams are often quite realistic, lacking the talking unicorns or incongruous settings many others have. My dreams are also very narrative with a discernable beginning, middle and (usually) end. This was most dramatically exemplified by a dream I had which incorporated silent-film interstitial titles for each scene, along with 'The End'.

I think I'm due for some surrealism right about now.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Freud would either slap you or blow you. I know you would rather slap Freud and wouldn't dare consider blowing him, or would you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me