Monday, February 27, 2006

The ?-Boyf turns into a large wheel of Brie

I have been keeping the ?-Boyf on mute for a while as I try to decide if I want to continue in the relationship or not. In many ways, I've been enjoying the time off more than I expected, although I obviously miss him from time to time.

Yesterday morning, he broke the silence with an e-mail. Attached to the e-mail was (I kid you not) a Barry Manilow song. And he was totally serious about sending it. Here's a taste:

Morning, just another day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
you made me so happy, oh Mandy

Well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Mandy
well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
I need you today, oh Mandy

Yes, the gesture is sweet and endearing, but I also found it quasi-hilarious. Just think, if the silence continues what other musical gems can I expect? Or, will the tunes become increasingly bitter and frustrated? We shall see.

6 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger PDD said...

It is endearing, but Barry Manilow... that's a hoot.

You can begin worrying if he sends you Tori Amos.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Does this not make your decision much easier?

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds very sweet. I'm just catching up on your blog, but I hope things work out the way you want them to.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Genet said...

PDD: Tori Amos would be a scary choice for the Boyf...

Whipslyme: You would think Barry would make it easier, but strangely, the cheesiness and randomness has made things more confusing.

Niko: Thanks... I hope I figure oout how I want things to work out!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Genet:
Perhaps the boyf should have selected coco cabana...

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EWWWWW. MANILOW! sorry , but thats just putting a bad taste in my mouth. I rather listen to some horrible homemade poetry , or put pencils in my eyes. -5 for lack of creativity,but +2 for effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me