Monday, February 20, 2006

Barfday



Pictured above is the birthday cake I was blessed with at work. Yes, it does say "Cream of Asparagus Beef Barley", which makes loads of sense. There is a deli across the street from work and we call them on speakerphone every day to ask what the soup of the day is. The soups are great, but the real reason we call is because the lady that answers has the most frantic, heavily Greek-accented, high-pitched voice ever. I've imitated her for the past few months and this has become my calling card. I'll randomly scream out "Creamasparagusbeefbarley" all the time. Hence, the cake. Thanks guys!

NOTE: The cake is mispelled and incorrectly reads: "Cream of Aparagus - Beer Barley". Get on the ball, dyslexic icing-calligraphy pro!

10 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Happy barley! Oh my god! I totally remember you telling me this. And a blogger has called themselves after this... aren't I correct??

Listen you little biatch, I tried calling you countless times, but I haven't been able to get a hold of you. That's okay. You are forgiven. After all, I did take off on you to go to Texas.

I know, it's insulting.

Love you little biatch!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I love your co-workers.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heppy Bourthday!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger PDD said...

OMG!! Sausage?! You make me piss!!

Sausage:
This song is dedicated to you:
Bes mes sto gabriole, pama ya gana cafe.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Genet said...

PDD: Count Souvlakioula is actually my co-worker, Zoulpy. Count Souvlakioula is the name we have given to the creepy man who owns the deli across the street.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I'm still laughing.

That song is still dedicated to sausage though.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger FLAMINGO1 said...

Happy Beer Barley!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Genet said...

Thanks, Flamingo! Either Beef or Beer make me happy, so the icing-typo makes no difference.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Me love you longtime, G. Happy Birthday again.

(Disturbed about the hockey though - was watching it under a blanket, Canadalover4ever that I am...)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Genet said...

Don't worry, slymie... It will all work out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me