Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What ever happened to... Yanni?


The Barry Manilow e-mail (see previous post) got me thinking about other muzak-makers. Yanni sprang to mind. The New-Age musical guru has
been lying low for the past few years, it would seem. Perhaps the cultural climate of our post-9/11 world is not very conducive to his dreamy music? Mind you, I was never really fond of Yawni, so he probably could be in my attic and I wouldn't know about it.

I've always liked to think that Greece foisted Yanni upon the world not knowing what a bucket of feta he would evolve into. The man was in a nine year relationship with Linda Evans... why do I find that so appropriate.

Look, Greece gave the world so much - theatre, democracy, science and beautiful homo art and literature amongst others - so a dud here and there can be forgiven. If Yanni should happen upon this blog, please give us an update.

In case it isn't already obvious, I am tremendoulsy bored at the moment.

8 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Even at your boredest you're brilliant!

Greeks also invented the wheel and don't you forget it, you greese ball.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger PDD said...

i sent this a long long time ago it doesn't appear on your comment amount. maybe this will.

Oh, and word verification has got to go, genet. seriously.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

What's this word verification thing? Anyway that picture is solid gold. Thank you for making me chuckle.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I was going to mention to mention it to you actually. Word verification sucks Genet. Get rid of it. Get rid of it now.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Hal said...

That's funny! I was wondering myself just the other day what became of Yanni.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

Yanni was shot at the "Hogs Breath Saloon" , a bar in Key West Florida . His flame "Slash" Manwich didn't like it when Yanni made a move on another Hells Angel .

Yanni is survived by...Nobody actally admitted being a relative .

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Genet said...

Hal: I'm glad I'm not alone.

Wallycrawler: So, there is justice after all! I'd pretend to be related to him but just for the royalties.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger SusanD said...

Funny you ask. In the news today:
Yanni arrested!.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me