Monday, August 28, 2006

Genet is fucking awesome and very stupid at the same time

I was planning for my next post to be something intellectual or at least impersonal, but fuck that... I haven't experienced anything that is more interesting than my sordid-banal life recently, so let's dispense with the 6-or-so billion humans that pollute this planet and the 1000s of years of history they collectively share. Cuz really, my weekend was waaaaaaaay more riveting.

Having said that, I will not go into details that may reveal my sentimental side since I'm trying to maintain an aura of jaded aloofness on this thing. The important thing is that I had a very beautiful weekend with the Boyf that helped to cement my already deep love for him. We also had fantastic sex.


On Friday, we went to see the David Cronenberg-curated Andy Warhol exhibit at the AGO. I've never been a huge fan of Warhol's work and while this experience didn't change that, it was illuminating. Cronenberg's take on his work was probably more interesting to me than the work itself and that is a pretty impressive impression of the exhibit, methinks. The Boyf did something tremendously hilarious during our AGO visit, but I'll recount that another time.


Last night, we saw The Russian Futurists and Junior Boys in concert at the El Mo. They are two of my favourite local bands and the concert was deeply satisfying... the kind of satisfying that is rare but fills you with comfort and happiness. I really wish that it could have lasted for days.
After the concert, the Boyf and I spent many hours laughing at our stupid jokes which became increasingly abstract, surreal and harsh.

I just got back from the local pub and pulled one of my trademark bimbo clueless moves. I've had the impression that a waiter at the local is "heteroflexible" and has indicated that he is interested in me at some level for a long period of time now. Just as I was about to leave, I joked that I wished the bar had a take out alcohol service, which he misheard. He thought that I was using "take-out" and "delivery" as euphemisms for "top" and "bottom", so he responded with "I deliver". I, in my bimbastic glory, had no idea what he was talking about. After several moments of me blankly staring at him like an Alzheimer's victim, I got what he meant. Of course, it was too late at that point and the moment had been cremated. Moral of the story? It's way easier to just hump my leg than use cryptic language if you want to get your mouth/hands/ass around my uncut cock, or vice-versa.


Let's all try to be more forward, direct and comfortable when we want to express our attraction to someone. It may not be reciprocated, but at the very least, they will feel good because everyone wants to be wanted, we won't have bullshit "what ifs?" running around our heads and we can use that time to get a detailed memory-imprint of the hottie which can later be used as a visual aid for a jerk-off session. Might not be a full-on win-win, but it's not exactly Katrina either, non?


7 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Oh my god... you rip my insides out!!!

I am disapointed in one detail of this post however. You've never been a huge fan of Warhols work?

I divorce you!

We are meeting for drinks after my outrageously handsome husband and I go to the AGO to see Warhol, remember? Do you not think I am going to talk about what I saw all night. I wish you luck when you see me....

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Genet said...

PDD: I said I'm not a huge fan of his, but I don't hate him either. If you talk about him for longer than 20 minutes on Saturday I will lock you in a huge Campbell's soup can and throw it over Niagara Falls.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Martyloo said...

It's probably the best exhibit I've ever seen at the AGO. I'm not a Warhol fan, but Cronenberg's commentary is amazing. I couldn't help thinking of his movies in front of some of the disaster pieces.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I had to run to the next room and tell my outrageously handsome husband the part about locking me in a huge Campbells soup can and throwing it over Niagra Falls. Oh my god, I am busting a gut. That is one of the funniest things you have said to me thus far.

As for being/not being a fan of Warhol; he was the laziest artist that has roamed this planet. I think this is one major reason why I love him so much. That and the fact that I have always found his work to be striking.

I am just remembering one of his Silver Factory photographers. Everytime I think of this photographer I laugh my balls off. He was this photographer of Andy's who locked himself in a closet for days on end. Maybe if it was a good day he'd come out for food.

The idea of a man getting everyone to do his work while dictating ideas and popping pills all day and managing to retain some satisfaction with the days results from that of the labourours truly amazes me. I don't think many could pull that off. Perhaps he popped too many pills to realize/care, or I am a control freak.

He truly makes me smile, which evolves into laughter.

Don't get me started with Valarie Solanas. I own a copy of the "SCUM Manifesto" I bought it more out of curiosity/as a laughing matter than for any other reason. Dude you should read it. It's hysterical. But not intended to be. You will laugh. I certainly did.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Course if you're one of those people like me who is all but paralyzed in social situations, this could be nigh impossible:

"Let's all try to be more forward, direct and comfortable when we want to express our attraction to someone."

I know, I know. They're doing wonderful things with pharmaceuticals these days... ;)

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger PDD said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ai rabu Genet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me