Monday, October 31, 2005

Genet + Wine = Not Friends

After hanging out with the Boyf on Saturday night, I got home and decided to have some wine and listen to music. This was at 2am. I was totally enjoying being alone and listening to tunes that did not have to meet the Boyf's approval. I also spoke to a couple of friends that live abroad, blah, blah, blah. Next thing I know, I've downed two and a half bottles and it's 7am. I decide it's a good time to go to bed...

When I wake up, I feel horrid. My neck is killing me, I have a brutal headache and my stomach is pissed off. Naturally, I decide I have bacterial meningitis. The clock says 8 and I assume it must be 8pm since I feel so radically different and as though I've slept for days. This causes confusion and anger because I notice that the Boyf hasn't called all day long and that grates.

Then I realize that the sun isn't up in this part of the world at 8pm in late October. This leads me to believe that it was 8am Monday morning and I was mentally preparing myself to get ready for work. Peeps, I had slept for an hour- it was 8am on Sunday. And no, I didn't have meningitis, but the worst hangover of my life. Yesterday was a write-off and I think wine and I need a break.

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Imagine if you drank red...or my blood...blood full of mud...suds...love?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Genet, try some of my wine...dying on the vine...

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger JR said...

Yea, and he doesn't even remember calling me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me