Friday, October 21, 2005

Hello again

Being more or less incapacitated for nearly a week has been wonderful. Despite the somewhat too frequent discomfort of being ill, I strangely enjoyed the experience. I clearly needed a time out from Earth. All I did was lay down in the darkened basement with the TV gently flickering and murmuring... I spoke to essentially nobody and the medication ensured that I slept, or at minimum was sufficiently spun out to be totally incapable of maintaining a thought. It was like being in a constant, peaceful (albeit uncomfortable at times) present. OK, I'm glamorizing the flu.

I think by Monday I will be ready to face the masses. For now, I'm going to watch 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' and gorge myself on Cadbury Fruit and Nut- the only chocolate bar that could describe me so well.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger JR said...

Glad you're feeling better!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are absolutely brilliant. write more and save some chocolate for me.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Who's ginger??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me