Friday, October 14, 2005

OK... I changed my mind

I am indeed going to subject you to some wrath, but a very small amount. A friend of mine is visiting from overseas and we met up for drinks last night. Later on in the evening, the Boyf joined. Friend and Boyf didn't get along on their first two meetings... fine. They seemed to behave like children which made me wonder if they had New Kids posters stuck to their walls. Anyhow, they were both strangely nervous and felt threatened by each other. Oh, and both of them have a history of being socially awkward. I'm trying to be polite...

Last night, all hell broke loose out of the blue. The Boyf and I had a slight tift, causing Foreign Friend (FF, like Fist Fuck) to break into tears. Tears. Real tears. FF then proceeded to storm out of the bar. This caused me to berate the Boyf for not just shutting up as I had suggested he do. Then he got pissed. It was a retarded whirlwind of emotional immaturity. A human Katrina. Or a bad episode of 'Will & Grace' wherein melodrama has supplanted the humour and Karen and Jack have died. I really hate that. And I hate that I'm going to have to pick up the pieces. This is draining and dumb. Sometimes loneliness and solitude are very appealing.

Oh, there was one unrelated moment that I found hysterical, courtesy of myself. A seriously disheveled and hammered girl stammered up to me and said "Aren't I sexy?", to which I replied "You look like you just fell out of a laundry hamper". Yes, peeps, I do laugh at my own jokes.

5 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger JR said...

You make me piss my pants. I love you.

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Genet said...

I love you too. We haven't done our star charts in a while and that makes me sad.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Genet said...

You're exactly right, many more things are worth crying about. The frustration has dissipated but thanks for the empathy.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again??

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friend from overseas really needs to pull 'it's' head out of 'it's ass. Visiting friend was much less of a disaster when 'it' dropped out of society and followed The Greatful Dead.

Too bad Jerry Garcia is now Dead!

Oh, but there's alway's his spirit to chase...and that's where psychic's come in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me