Thursday, November 03, 2005

Paging Dr. Freud

I just got back to work from taking the Boyf to the hospital. He has kidney stones and called me this morning saying "I'm making sounds I never thought I could" to describe his pain. Obviously, I flee the office and cab it over to his place.

When I get there, the Boyf informs me that he had taken a Tylenol 3 he had from a previous tooth-ache incident and the pain has subsided but he still needed to get to the hospital. Seeing him in pain and vulnerable was simultaneously heart-breaking and a turn-on.

While waiting for the triage nurse, he was cracking jokes, which initially put me at ease about his physical state. Then the jokes kept coming. Suddenly, I wished that I had a melodramatic boyfriend that would make my rescue effort seem more heroic than it was. How I managed to turn his kidney stones into something about me is a triumph of narcissism. Thankfully, it will be short lived... only to be sporadically
followed by similar feelings while I'm nursing him back to health.

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Apparently, the pain of having kidney stones could be compared to child birth x 100. So I feel for Boyf big time.

As always, you are the biggest sweetheart and that should never go unnoticed.

I do love the "Seeing him in pain and vulnerable was simultaneously heart-breaking and a turn on". It reminds me of a conversation we once had in the presence of 'Prepie nafiaxes ta malia sou'. You were telling me how you melt when you see a guy squint there eyes, because it shows vulnerability, and I couldn't agree more.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger PDD said...

allow me to revise 'child birth' to 'giving birth'

They don't call me psychic dumb-dumb for no reason.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Thank you for vouching for me! I am triggered by many other lurid memories i.e. Sealtest, Chilli at Tim Hortons. Many evenings spent at cripple town...etc, etc.

I have noticed you linked me up. Thank you, I now feel extra special. Now, how do I do the same for you??

Many thanks, kisses, and sasquach dreams...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me