Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The truth about my work, Part 2

I work at a commercial production company and our fundamental integration with the advertising industry can sometimes be troubling for me. There are days that you would swear our office has been transformed into some hectic ER, with people stressing over the most trivial of matters. You often get the urge to slap them and remind them that no, they are not saving lives, but trying to sell Doritos to obese commuters. Doritos that will eventually kill them in an orange orgy of trans-fats and artificial flavourings.

This makes me cynical and wary of watching ads sometimes. Then there are moments when an ad can be quite rewarding and all my protestations temporarily melt away. Case in point, this Tetley ad. It's simple and funny. However, the clincher for me is the performances... the two women make me laugh lots. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger PDD said...

ou're spot on regarding everyone panicing as if the A-bomb droped. I, unfortunately have to deal with it at my neck of the woods as well. It truly is retarded isn't it?

A retarded industry run by the best of the olson twins and the mildest of bozos. I said mildest, so it really isn't that bad!

I smell propoganda...

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I mean't to type you're not ou're. Sorry again for the tragedy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me