Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Babylon. Babble On. Bored.


Not sure if I'm still hungover from Saturday or if the evil residue of Halloween has tainted me but I am embarrassingly lethargic and unispired today. Just sitting and staring is about as active as I feel like getting. I've even caught myself sitting and staring with my mouth agape like a stunned bimbo.

The only thing I'm looking forward to today is the release of the Caribou/Manitoba DVD. It compiles all the visuals from his concerts from the past two years. I remember seeing his show at Lee's Palace and was totally mesmerized by said visuals and I want to see them again.

Last night, I watched a bit of Dead Like Me, a series which I quite enjoyed but which got abruptly cancelled. One of the characters said something to the effect that there are only a finite number of personalities within the human population. For some reason, this was an "ah-ha" moment (no, not the Norwegian band). That statement struck me as quite true. Almost depressingly so. It became more depressing when I realized that it wasn't only people I knew that this statement was applicable to, but included me as well. For all our nuances, we seem to largely fit into pre-fab categories. Our experiences also seem to become compartmentalized in the same manner. I think it's just the combination of categories that really makes us individuals, but I would like to think it was more than that. Then again, if that is the case and that is all I have known, I'm pretty happy with many of the personalities I've met through my life... so, it becomes a bit irrelevant. Actually, it becomes a 3am dorm room conversation topic, followed promptly by same-sex experimentation and cramming for the Heidegger exam. Forget I brought it up.

4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Genet said...

I think you forgot a comma in that sentence, Hormonster. And we all know innocently non-disturbing you are.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger PDD said...

You are Perturb-ing!

What do you mean 'Dead Like Me' was abruptly cancelled?? I've been wanting to see that show and I didn't even realize they aired their first episode.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's BS, have you ever met anyone remotely like yourself? maybe i live in a hole, but you're a pie-in-the-sky, babe.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I agree with ginger. I couldn't have said it better myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me