Sunday, November 13, 2005

Trans-Atlantic Funny

Had an argument with the Boyf last night. Stormed out. It's his birthday today. Not sure what to do. Don't want to talk about it.

In other news, I spoke to Sausage- who now lives in Greece- today. We went there on holiday in 2002, he loved it and is teaching English in Athens now. I miss him to a stupid degree... Anyhow, we both have a minor obsession with Anna Vissi who is Greece's biggest pop star. She's 45, looks awesome, does the Euro-dance thing but also has many ballads and tsiftedelia (threw you off, eh... that's Greek for Middle-Eastern influenced dance music).
And while I am hardly a fan of the pop-star spectacle, she is seriously impressive live. She is the subject of much interest in Greece and many rumours have swirled around her, including a very dubious one about her fetish for having razors inserted into her vagina. That has nothing to do with this story, though.

While on the phone, Sausage was watching Anna being interviewed on Greece's version of MuchMusic/MTV. For whatever reason, European TV is bizarre and random (I'm sure this subject is ripe for a PhD thesis) and this interview was no different. Since Sausage doesn't understand Greek as a native speaker, he couldn't fully explain the goings-on but the interviewer suddenly blind-folded Anna. (Aside: could you picture Larry King blindfolding Celine Dion? The results would be spectacular.). Not-so-long story short, Anna is casually blindfolded on national TV and her immediate response is to start singing 'I Just Called To Say I Love You' by Stevie Wonder. That is sheer brilliance in my view. I love her even more.

That punchline took far to long to arrive at.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger PDD said...

That punchline did not take far too long to arrive. I am glad you branched off presenting a possible subject for a PhD thesis, and aiding us in picturing Larry King blind folding Celine Dion. That is brilliant, and I love you even more for pointing that out.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Okay, so I'm waiting for your next one, hurry up! You lonely ape.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me