Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm no Grinch, but...

Today was the first day that I realized that the annual festivities ostensibly marking Jesus' birth are around the corner. And as the calendar dictates, this will soon be followed by a celebration ushering in a new year.

I hate this time of year.

Christmas doesn't give me warm, fuzzy feelings deep in my bowels. I find it stressful and annoying and I resent the interruption in my daily life- bars are randomly closed, shopping is impossible, etc. New Years is a nightmare... all the nerds of the world decide to lose all inhibitions and "party" like lemmings. The time in between these two disasters is the worst case of predictable life-limbo, a dead time when nothing really happens.

What I hate the most about the end of December is the relentless sense of obligation relating to these two events... the co-ordinating of people and stressing about doing things you don't really want to do and seeing people that make you ill... the forced emotions (ie: on New Years- in 10 seconds, I'm going to be randomly ecstatic!)... the cost... I could go on. Plus, the 8,000 misty-lensed network 'Holiday Wishes' promos make me want to convert to Islam.

I'm not good at faking emotions or randomly generating them. Regardless, I think that this year, I will be very happy to see 2005 off. Maybe that will make a difference.


3 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARe you my mirror ? xo Sausage

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Bah Humbug! If only my sister could hear that! She would have "Stop the cavalry" on in a second and be dancing around with reindeer ears on and stuff. Be thankful you don't have to put up with that for 4 weeks!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger PDD said...

LOL!

I find it so stessful too, especially when my underpaid job does not afford me the luxury to buy presents, not even for myself.

I have to get a new job come the new year. Seriously dude, my wage is beyond silly and pathetic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me