Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscars play it safe shocker

I'm not a fan of the award show. I find them bland and useless. Case in point, the marathonesque sedative the Oscars have become. Oh, and Crash beating out Brokeback Mountain... big shocker, there. A film about LA beating out a gay love story- who'd have thunk. Why I watch every year is a mystery to me.

In my world, I have aleady won an Oscar, so I've lost interest in the whole enterprise. Last year I received a trophy for Best Dramatic Performance in a Homosexual Relationship. It was a moving and inspirational moment.

I say the ?-Boyf on Saturday, which was nice. At one point of the evening, he reminded me about a conversation we had last summer. We were walking his dog after having spent a few near-perfect days together. I remember saying something to the effect of "wouldn't it be nice to do this together everyday, for a very long time?". The memory made him misty-eyed and he expressed that he indeed would find that nice. For a moment, I was convinced I felt the same way... but the reality is always more complex. Point is, I don't know what I want for us right now.

I'm always lethargic and maudlin on Mondays as if a full orchestra is playing deeply dramatic film scores in my head the entire day. I need to sleep...

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I won an oscar once too. It was for Best Dramatic Performance at Tim Hortons. I won the following year for Best Comedic Performance in the back of a truck... remember? (please just answer yes or no. There is no need to expand for further humiliation)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger wallycrawler said...

I hate Mondays . I hate'm so much I called in sick today . Did I say I hate my job more than Mondays ?

Besides the best Movie this year wasn't "Broke Back Mountin" or "Crash" but both were good . The best movie was "A History Of Violence" !

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Wallycrawler:
A History Of Violence was a kick ass movie! And William Hurt blew everyone away! Although everyone was brilliant in it.

Genet:
The Satyr you gave me is up and running.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me