Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Drama

First off, a shout out to all the Orthodoxxx peeps who celebrated Easter this past weekend... Now , the drama.

The other day, the Boyf and I decided that we were going to have a BBQ at his place. So, I headed over to his place at about 7:30. However, when the cab turned the corner onto his street, I was greeted by about 7 cop cars and was told that his street was on "lockdown" and I simultaneously received a text message from him that simply read "911". I couldn't go to his place and he was ordered to stay in his house. Why, you ask? BECAUSE THERE WAS A HOME INVASION HAPPENING IN THE HOUSE NEXT TO HIS. He could hear it. It could have been my baby getting the beats!


With my dinner plans put on hold, I went to a pub nearby and waited for the violence next door to stop. No less than 5 ETF (Emergency Task Force, aka SWAT Team) cars flew by, sirens wailing and all. After about an hour and a half, I was able to go to his place and we continued with our BBQ plans. The Boyf's area is by no stretch a "bad" part of town, but I am glad that he found a place to move into for May 1st (this was planned for before the dramatic events). Oh... the neighbour's were slapped around, but are fine. I have to say, though, they are a very weird couple and I'm kind of not surprised that something like this happened to them... in fact, I forbade the Boyf from looking in their direction months ago as I thought they were mental.

To add to the drama, my uncle passed away on Saturday, meaning that the week will be chock-a-block with wailing Greek ladies. Death is seriously not fun and has to stop making an annual appearance in my family.

Hope y'all are well and healthy and happy.



2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I am so sorry about your uncle. Which Uncle? From Greece? Okay, I'll stop, I will call you.

I really shouldn't be asking you these questions on your blog. How tacky of me. I am sorry.

The part about the invasion was funny, yet scary.

I too am so happy that it wasn't the boyf's place. That is a close one.

When I think about how truly adorable and sexy the boyf is and then think of the invasion that took place right next door to him... well, it doesn't sit well with me. Tell him I said hello and to keep well.

PDD

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Mate! Drama is never far behind/ahead with you. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Speak soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me