Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I've got male



Today, I received the latest issue of BUTT Magazine in the mail... Very exciting. BUTT is published in Amsterdam and combines sex and culture in a, let's say, spunky way. Genet likes. It bills itself as a "fantastic magazine for homosexuals" and I couldn't agree more. It makes me think of the not-so-distant past, when homo culture was underground and subversive. In this issue alone we learn about: Julian Ganio (an older-man loving nightclub enthusiast and designer... more on him later + he's the guy on the cover above), artist Bjarne Melgaard's drawings of faggy chihuahuas, an outdoorsy self-sucker from Tennessee and much, much more. Plus, there are lots of nude shots. And it's printed on pink paper. Oh, and their website has a personals section called Buttheads... Sadly, there are few Torontonians to be found and I have the misfortune of knowing one of them. His photograph makes me laugh because he is an idiot and it even comes across in only two-dimensions.

Julian Ganio is not an idiot. I totally have a crush on him, initially because he's a hottie, but after reading the piece on him, he came across as smart, relaxed and interesting- three very attractive qualities. He runs a club night in London... and I'm going to London in August. I want at least a kiss. Too bad I'm not 50, 'cause we would totally be together.


6 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger PDD said...

Who?! Who?! Who?! Who is the idiot?! Email me with who it is!!

Yes, I remember that mag. I liked it also. Is that the subscription where you mixed up your name or changed it slightly? Oh no wait, that's holt renfrew.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I like Come-on(s) ALOT!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Genet said...

I like come-ons too...

You're right... it was Holt Renfrew and I still get mail from them.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a coincidence...I like Butt too! Well the actual butt, not the magazine, but your post has peaked my interest and I must investigate it further

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ello
thanks for your kind words.
julian ganio

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Genet said...

Julian: What? No invite? :-)

'Twas my pleasure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me