Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm superficial

I'm such a sucker for attractive packaging. Penguin Books has released a new series called "Great Ideas" which features essays by several historically important thinkers (as decided by Penguin editors). I bought the Camus edition yesterday and although I am interested in reading it,, I also got it because the cover was really nice. So, thank you Penguin for satisfying my intellectual and aesthetic sides. Clever marketing ploy. Oh, and thank you for the imminent gaggle of pseudo-intellectual fashionistas who will suddenly start spouting "profound" bullshit all over the place. As long as people's horizons are broadened, I'm all for it.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Yes, I too find appealing book covers' origin is that of quick sand. It gets me too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me