Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mops + Ghosts

The cleaning woman at the office is a sweet Filipino lady. Her whole family participates in the cleaning of several offices, but truth be told, their cleaning is superficial at best. All one guy does is very lethargically wipe the wall as he walks by it. It's quite funny sometimes, but annoying at others. For example, the mop they use often smells like barf and when this was pointed out to them, they just giggled and continued mopping.

Anyhow, the leader of the group, the aforementioned sweet woman (we'll call her Imelda) is the last to leave. One day I was at the office late and she was finishing up. Imelda approached me with a knowing expression and whispered "Your father was here last night. He was playing games. He turned light (sic) on".
[For those who don't know, my father died earlier this year and he used to work with me]. I tried not to laugh and just nodded. She then just cryptically said "You know". No, I don't. As she was leaving, I couldn't help but think the following:

1] Why didn't he help them do a better cleaning job?
2] My father is apparently a very cliché ghost
3] If he visits Imelda rather than me, I feel totally betrayed
4] Was Imelda high?

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Oh my god... I love you sooo much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me