Thursday, April 27, 2006

Back in black

So the funeral was today. And it was... a funeral. The post-burial meal was fantastic. I always come away from Greek events with the following observations:

  • we are primarily a very short race... quite hobbit-like
  • Greek women incessantly whisper into each other's ears
  • crying is a competitive sport
  • frighteningly, many Greek men do not age very well
  • a hot Greek guy can send me into a tizzy
  • some Greeks have the friendliest eyes you will ever see, while some have evil, deep-set eyes that seem to reflect Satan
  • Orthodox services are way too long... the chanting causes a simple syllabel to last 5 minutes
  • people get offended when you can't remember who they are, even if you last saw them when you were shitting and pissing in their lap (of course, I'm referring to being a baby here)
Now, it's nap time and then, I head over to the Boyf's new place to "help" him paint (read: sit on the floor, drink and watch while he paints shirtless- yum).


5 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

enjoy! yeah right, a baby...

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Genet, as always your writing makes me fall off my chair with laghter.

I am very sorry about your uncle and I would like to talk to you over the phone.

Tons of hugs and kisses my love.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Sorry about your uncle too, of course. I tried to call but it rang once and cut me off. I think.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger PDD said...

Genet, your reading is up and running!

OMG Laughing! Your word verification begins with PDD! HA!

Let me know how accurate or inaccurate I was.

Thanks.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off I am so sorry for your Uncle's passing.

Second, I agree with you 100% on all your observations. I can't wait to get up there so we can just sit and snicker together :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me