Friday, May 19, 2006

Cocktail, Cocktease, Cocteau



I ordered a book on Jean Cocteau the other day and it arrived this morning. I think everyone should know who this man is... truly one of the most interesting figures of the 20th century. He was a poet, filmmaker, novelist, reformed opium addict, essayist, dramatist, illustrator and artist. Plus, he was openly gay in 30s. And, he helped numerous people he judged to have talent pursue their passions. He completely lived a full life on his terms and was totally immersed in creativity.

I've often thought that homos are disproprtionately artistic (it's not just a stereotype) because of the psycho-social conflict some experience towards their sexuality and/or because their art becomes a surrogate for biological procreation by creating a piece of themselves that will outlive their mortal selves. Well, that and the more cohesively integrated "feminine" and "male" aspects of humanity that homos frequently to possess. Genet and his theories...

To wrap it up... Jean Cocteau: An all around model citizen in Genetland.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger PDD said...

I will check him out. He sounds fascinating. Is he from Montreal? (I am laughing as I ask the question)

You need to write a book so that I can do a review.

I love you and your homo ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me