Monday, May 29, 2006

Le mariage

Everything yesterday was perfuck. Everything. Well, except the moment in the ceremony when I got all confused with the switching of their crowns... (it's a Greek thing). Tenis was stunningly beautiful. The only time she cried was when she spoke about me and I found that to be a tremendous honour to our relationship. When I handed her off to the Hub (he's not a Beyoncé anymore!), she yelled out my name and wanted a filaki which means kiss in Greek. All the stress and mayhem leading up to yesterday was totally worth it when I saw her happiness.

Everyone I spoke to mentioned that it was the most beautiful wedding they had attended. Of course they would say that, but I genuinely believe that everyone had a really great experience. The food was delish, the venue was outstanding and there was nothing ostentatious or pretentious about it. Also, there we many people from out of town and since the weather has been fab, they got a fantastic Toronto experience.

I became intensely emotional for numerous reasons: my father's absence, my sister's imminent absence, concern for my mom, etc.. Walking her down the aisle especially threw my emotions into chaos. All of this made it impossible for me to comfortably make a speech, which Tenis was fine with. Instead, I toasted the newlyweds and our families and invited everyone to speak to me individually if they wanted.

All in all, it was a fantastic day... absolutely beautiful and tasteful. Hello- I was a consultant, so of course if would be ideal. I look gorgeous in a tux.

I'm a happy boy and relieved that it's over.

5 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

Oooooh yaaaay! That sounds fantastic! I am tearing up at the mere thought. Please send a pic or two to my email.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy to hear about the wedding. where was it? my brother's getting married in sept. which mean i'll have to buy my first dress ever.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger WhipSlyme said...

U ok mate? I think there was a disappearing message b4. Sounded bad. Kiss kiss!

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger PDD said...

I like the idea of everyone speaking to you individually. That definitely suits you more.

I know you look gorgeous in a tux.

That sounds like such a beautiful day especially filaki. I almost cried reading this post.

I love you so much.

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear it went so well Mr. Koumbaro. All the best for your sister.

*hugs*

Niko

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Could Use Me